Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 275 - Don't Condone Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, it is finally over. No, although it suffered a dry spell, I am not talking about Jones-a-Day. I am talking about school. Although it was the smallest credit load I have ever taken, this semester was probably the hardest, most labor-intensive periods of college career. I took a final yesterday that now owns my spleen, one of my lungs, and a good portion of my dignity.

It is official summer vacation and, with that, comes a lot more freedom. Without school I will have a lot more free time. Without the need to drive to campus and back twice a week, I will save on gas and, thus, have spare money that I can spend freely. Without the added stresses, I am free to enjoy Jones once again.

This bottle is quite meaningful to me, to be quite honest and sentimental. Right in the middle of all this stress, right at the peak of exam time, my Geology 319 class left on a field trip to Missouri. I can't begin to describe how much fun I had. The van ride was amazing, but what else would you expect on a road trip with a pack of amazing people? The geology was incredible. And camping under the stars, telling jokes around a warm campfire with a cold beer in hand, is it possible to get any better than that?

The bottle is filled with red dirt...sorry, dirt is a "dirty" word to geologists, what I meant to say was; this bottle is filled with velvety-red soil I collected at a local restaurant in Missouri. The girl on the label is sitting on a rock, taking a picture of a squirrel. Somehow this picture sums up the trip.

It's good to see you all again,
~Mitch~

P.S. - Me in front of this massive hauler over 1,000 feet below the surface of the Earth...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment