Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 272 - From the Grave

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm back. Not that I expect any followers to have waited for me for this long, but Jones-a-Day was never about amounting a massive number of fans. Sure, I have a hit-counter and have promoted the site via business cards, but it was really just a way for me to express myself. It was an excuse for me to collect something, to create something, to share something. I never meant for it to be a job, I never meant for it to become a deadline or something I dreaded doing everyday. But, unfortunately, that is how I thought about it during my absence.

It seems as though every day of my life is subject to a large amount of responsibility. Wake up early. Go to work. Go to school. Finish this paper. Prove this proof. Rarely do I have a day where I can just sit. Sit and relax and play video games and not have to worry about anything. Jones-a-Day had become just one more thing I had to worry about. Find bottles. Find filler. Find time to fill, photograph, post. Not to mention it started to take an economic toll on me. Bottles are over $1 a piece with deposit. This doesn't sound like a lot, but multiply that by 365. Now add two to three dollars for filler per bottle, per day. Now consider that the local stores that I depended on for Jones marked the bottles down for clearance. I was out of money. Out of bottles. And, frankly, out of a drive.

But I'm back. I cannot promise Jones-a-Day, but certainly promise not to make this Jones-Every-Other-Month. I have stockpiled a good amount of filler, maybe a month's worth, and enough bottles to last me a week or so.

Hopefully I haven't disappointed any of you. My own disappointment alone is too much for me to bear.

Today's post is colorful and introduces a new lighting scheme I've been imagining. Peanut M&M's. The label features a bright, inspiring, hopeful picture. The brilliant array of colors seems to be a good match.

Good night, see you tomorrow,
~Mitch~

No comments:

Post a Comment