Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 245 - Memories of Yesterday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not that those memories are good, but they will be forever burned into my mind. In this bottle are several ads from the major retailer for which I am currently employed. They have been cut to shreds. Included in the bottle are a couple weekly holiday advertisements, two Black Friday door-buster fliers, and a few two-day ads. At the time, I had these ads committed to memory. Not by choice, but because it was necessary to know what was in-stock (nothing) and what was out-of-stock (everything).

The two people on the label summarize my feelings regarding this past holiday season.

!!!ATTENTION CONSUMERS!!! You make us retail slave-laborers want to jump off cliffs.

Thanks,
~Mitch~

1 comment:

  1. After working in retail for a few years, I can safely say it so not the easist job. I like accounting soooo much better. I did not have to deal with the crazy public that is out there waiting to snap at someone who is making very little and has no control over inventory.
    Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete