Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 162 - Pretty in Pink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, okay, I know, I know, I know. I've already done a bottle with packing peanuts all the way back at day number eight. If you remembered that, "bravo" to you. You are either a huge fan or a casual reader with a steel-trap between your ears.

But before you get all bent out of shape, realize that these are not packing peanuts. True packing peanuts resemble the legume for which they are named. These are packing "S's" as, as you can see, they are in the shape of an "S".

On the way down to scrap-booking central, that is, the basement where Mom has taken over, I happened upon a box with pink packing "S's". It was like finding buried treasure. My stock of bottles in low and I knew I wanted something pink for my remaining breast-cancer-awareness bottle. Wanting to save the bottle for when I had money for a fitting filler, my mind was burdened by today's post. Finding this box removed said burden.

The connection is obvious. The pink Styrofoam "S's" and the pink bottle. The "S" stands for Sue (a.k.a. "Mom").

Until tomorrow,
~Mitch~

P.S. - Oh, so that's what Bobby was building...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. The shelves are AWESOME Mitch!!! I don't know about having them over the bed though. I would be afriad of them falling off on me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, I try not to think of it. Disrupts my sleep imagining a swarm of bottles being dropped on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but what a way to go, huh Mitch? Buried in Jones bottles!

    Have ye know faith in my ability to construct something that will last?

    Still to come: a safety rail for the bottles and additional reinforcement of each shelf.

    Anything for my son...

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Bob. The safety rail sounds like a good idea. I was impressed with storage of the bottles. I was wondering where they were. Aunt Kay

    ReplyDelete