Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 129 - Grainy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Um...hard to find a connection between label and filler here that is 100% politically correct. Moreover, it is hard to word the connection I am thinking of that is 99.9% P.C. With that, I suppose I'll just come out and say it. Know that I am the middle child of three; my older brother and younger sister are both Korean, so I hold no prejudices here. But white rice is often associated with Asian cuisines, more specifically, associated with Chinese food. Now, there is no way to tell if the girl on this label is Asian, let alone Korean, but her black hair and general demeanor remind me somewhat of my sister, Emily. Emily, as I mentioned before, is Korean. Now, I'm not positive that Korean food is as heavily associated with rice as Chinese food, but that's not the point. The point is, when I think young Asian girl, I think of my little sis. When I think Asian cuisine, I think of rice. And thus, filler-to-label connection.

Finding the connection was kind of a stretch, wording it was even worse,
~Mitch~

No comments:

Post a Comment