Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day 95 - You Spin Me Right 'Round

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't be sure that it is a nationally accepted term, but in this part of the country we call these seeds "helicopters" on account of their nature to twirl downward from the tree off which they fell. For now they are green and, for the most part, they are complete pairs. In honor of the upcoming centential post, I stopped stuffing the leafing blades into the bottle at number 100. That is, if counting each pair of "wings" as one, there are 100 pairs in this bottle. 200 helicopters if counted separately.

The image on the bottle reminds me of swing sets and the feeling of my feet rushing past the ground below me. I think of green, grassy fields and tall trees that scatter the ground with acorns, leaves, and these seed cases that spin wildly out of control as they fall to Earth.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good, good night,
~Mitch~

No comments:

Post a Comment