Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 89 - Down and Dirty

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let's not get into semantics here. Dirt, sand, earth, soil, terra firma; it all means the same thing to most people. The only one I'd argue about is the term "sand". Yes, on the surface it looks like sand, but I would never call the soil in this bottle "sand". It is more of a silty, clay loam. Didn't I say we weren't going to argue semantics? Oops.

Collected this "sample" from under the deck surrounding the pool in my backyard. The label filler connection is obvious; a person leaping across a small gap in some rocky outcroppings or whatnot. I'm sure there's a technical name for the geologically structure, but that's another debate for another time. Rocks, sand, earth, etc.

Rock on,
~Mitch~

Oh, P.S. - So I knew that Jones made a cola soda, that is, a cola flavored pop but had never tried it until today. I must have had this bottle for a while and I was under the impression that it was a root beer. This is the first Jones cola I've ever had...not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment