Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 85 - Rain Delay

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have sighed more contently and smiled more vigorously in the past several days than I have all summer long. No matter what is happening, no matter what song is on, no matter where I am, even at work, I catch myself grinning for what seems to be no reason. Even now my hands shake, the butterflies in my stomach burst from their cocoons, and a thousand words of a cotton-candy caliber bounce around in my head. Ah, summer days.

So forgive me for the tardiness on the past few posts. I have not grown apathetic, I have not run out of ideas, and I have not given up hope. I've simply been busy begging Father Time for one more minute, a tiny pause in the sands for one last, heart-stopping, quick kiss before I have to say "goodnight".

I'm happy with today's bottle on both regards; the label matches the filler in both the imagery sense and the mental sense. The bottle is filled with dried pine needles collected from around the trees in our backyard. The image on the label is of a fishing pole, a close-up on the reel with the line bobbing in a pond that hides in the background. Grass shoots up around the reel. The great outdoors, sitting in the wet grass to cast a line or, in my case, sitting in the wet grass to fill a bottle with pine needles.

I don't know, I'm too happy for words right now,
~Mitch~

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one actually, despite it not really being too special. Plus I don't really like pine needles. Something about the texture with them all packed in there? Idk.

    ReplyDelete