Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 112 - Dog Days

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unlike yesterday's post, today's bottle shows up to class tardy for a reason. This bottle, filled with broken halves of number two pencils, marks the last night of my Summer vacation. Today, at this moment, I am waiting for my first class to start. I am on campus, in one of my school's computer labs, starring at a sign that encourages everyone to use the computers for school work only. Next to me someone is playing online poker. Behind me someone is cruising around on Facebook. Am I doing school work? No, but at least it looks like I am.

The cycle here is quite intricate, if I may be so bold as to say. The dog days of Summer, the number two pencils, fill in the bubbles completely and erase all other marks. In this bottle two opposing feelings. Summer and sun; relaxing, drinking, being care-free. Pencils and school; taking exams, homework, proofs. Non-Euclidean geometry.

Posting on campus in this fashion should provide me with an interesting amount of creative sauce. Just being here, surrounded by dozens of students working, or, at least, pretending to work sparks something. Watching the freshman, the newbies, flirt with one another, sweat, look around afraid, alone, and confused.

QED,
~Mitch~

No comments:

Post a Comment