Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 82 - Bottle of Bubbly

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Leave it to one of my managers to make me feel stupid. A Jones bottle of Miracle Bubbles bubble solution was on my list for a while, almost since the beginning of this project. I recently set it aside figuring the picture would not be very exciting given that the bubble solution is clear. What a boring pic, right? Well I had a conversation with one of my many managers a few days ago and he had mentioned he'd never had a Jones. I brought him a root beer to help solve this flaw. With an approving, "good call" and a nod the bottle was quickly gone. Then, handing me the empty, he made a request to fill the bottle with bubble solution, but here's the twist. Leave the "miracle wand" inside! Genius. The simple addition of this wand turned a clear liquid bottle into a work of art. In real life, this one is pretty slick looking.

There was a little snag since the diameter of the bubble wand was greater than the diameter of the mouth of the bottle, but a quick press in a bench vice solved that. The connection between label and filler is obvious; summer days as a kid, swinging at a playground, blowing bubbles. Simple pleasures. Originally I had chose this bottle to give to my coworker because, like most people who work at a toy store, he is a child at heart.

I don't want to grow up,
~Mitch~

P.S. - I made this one pretty air-tight so, even with vigourous shaking, it is tough to produce any bubbles. But here's proof that the liquid inside is more than water. Note the tiny, tiny bubbles...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment: