Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 75 - 1337

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't seem to put all my thoughts together. So many things to say about this bottle, but not anything stellar. I wanted to do the entire post in leetspeak, but l33t has become kind of mainstream and thus it = kind of lame. I wanted to post a discussion of how I feel about people who promote their nerd-like behaviors because they want to be seen as a nerd, but I didn't want to get into that rant. Then there's the "nerd" versus "geek" versus "dweeb" battle royal to attend to, but who cares.

So skip the bread and let's get to the butter...or, is that not how the expression works? Man, I cannot get my thoughts collected on anything. Today's bottle is filled with the tart, crunchy, odd-shaped molecules known as "Nerds". Traditionally Nerds come in a box with two different flavors. You'll remember this from your childhood; the cardboard box with separate compartments and pour spouts. This variety, however, is of the pre-mixed rainbow nature.

Label filler connection? Yes. Speaking of internet memes and nerdy things, I lol'd IRL the first time I saw icanhascheezburger. The label on today's bottle shows a kitten being bathed in the sink with a saddened, "I'm disappointed in you" look on its face. The caption reads, "u has betraid my tiny trust". Something about icanhascheezburger makes me think of geeky things like the interwebs and the numerous memes it has spawned.

Horrible grammar today thanks to the geek-speak.

Nerds FTW,
~Mitch~

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love it!! Love nerds (the candy) and nerds (the people), love being a nerd and a geek, so not a dweeb, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject on a day when your thoughts are cooperating a little more ^_^

    ReplyDelete