Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 56 - Dear Family...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now that everyone in the household is religiously following Jones-a-Day, it is time to alert you all to an undeniable truth. We all buy groceries; some for ourselves, but most to share with everybody. If you buy a cereal that has not yet been featured in a Jones Soda bottle, don't be surprised if you find the cereal box opened and a small amount missing. That said, whoever purchased the Fruit Loops, I took a bowl's worth to fill today's bottle. Thanks!

On a side-note, I cannot explain why, but I think the filler and label match perfectly. This is one of my favorites because the label matches so mysteriously perfect.

Oh, this bottle smells amazing too,
~Mitch~

P.S. - Alright, time for the picture extravaganza! I promised pictures of the sparkler action from the last bottle and, personally, I feel that I delivered. First picture shows the sparkler bottle from Independence Day on the porch with sparklers intact...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At first I was just fooling around with single sparklers trying to get the flash/lighting settings in order. I snapped these two during this testing phase...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay, so it was time to light the rest of the sparklers and take the big pic. I struggled for a minute trying to decide how I was going to get them all lit and stuffed into the bottle with enough time to get a good shot. That's where genius dad comes in. He brought out his torch and suggested we put the handles in first and light the tops of the sparklers. That way they could be easily dropped into the bottle while lit. The results were...spectacular. Remember, all these pyrotechnics came from only a dozen-or-so sparklers...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the after-picture I promised. The bottle smoked for a while and was extremely warm to the touch. The inside was stained with smoke damage. The sparkler corpses still rattle around in there...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope everyone had a phenomenal Fourth! Here's the Jones Bottle enjoying some fireworks out in front of the house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment