Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 27 - Watching Paint Dry

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This bottle isn't really "filled" with anything. Take the cap off and you'll find nothing but air in the space inside the bottle. Instead, the inside of the bottle has been painted with paint leftover after redecorating my room. I poured the paint into the bottle using a funnel fashioned out of paper and slowly rolled the bottle around in my hands until I had even coverage all over. As the paint dried, if I let the bottle sit on its base, the paint ran down and collected on the bottom inside the bottle leaving patches. So, I had to keep the bottle rotating as the paint dried. It was kind of a process, but turned out to be a pretty cool idea.

I filled this bottle and others like it about a month ago, but allowed a lot of time for drying,
~Mitch~

No comments:

Post a Comment